Monday, November 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday -- 11/21/2011



I was doing a happy dance for finishing up the last set of blocks for the Civil War Chronicles BOM when … oh no! … I noticed a paragraph in the cutting instructions that I had overlooked….I have to cut and add setting triangles to month 11’s blocks!!!!

Oh well, here are the eight King’s Crown blocks that, with the addition of setting triangles, complete the monthly block piecing.  I will soon be able to construct the units for the components that will surround the center that has already been pieced.


Even though it's off subject, I couldn't resist sharing this picture of a rare moment of peacefully shared space…here are Chloe and Harley, my two fur baby companions.  Harley is the dominant dog, but he always seems to let Chloe have the best spot on the pillow.  I guess he is just a gentleman.  Also, hunter Bob as returned from the ranch, quite happy with the results of this year’s hunt.  Our freezer is now well stocked with venison.

Be sure and surf on over to Patchwork Times today and see what others are up to.

5 comments:

Impera Magna said...

What a darling photo of your furbabies...

Love your King's Crown blocks... very nice indeed!

Happy Thanksgiving!

:)

Denise :) said...

Your King's Crown blocks look terrific! Don't you hate it when you misread or don't read enough in instructions? I'm a hasty reader and do that all the time. Have a happy week! :)

Heather said...

The King's Crown blocks are beautiful! That's going to be an amazing quilt. Love your puppies, too. So sweet!

Have a great week!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely color/fabrics in your King's Crown blocks. This is going to make a wonderful heirloom quilt.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your King's Crown blocks look great and I love seeing your little fur babies! That is great that Hunter Bob has got you stocked with venison!